The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi is an impressive glass tower standing more than 300 feet high behind
the IMEL building on Rustaveli Avenue. IMEL was designed and built in 1934-1938 by the
architect Alexey Shchusev (the designer of Lenin’s mausoleum in Moscow). Post-Soviet Union it
served as the Parliament Building which adopted the new constitution of free Georgia. The
combination of the historic building and the new tower reflects the modern era and traditional
values of Georgia.
The first and the only glass skyscraper located in the center of Tbilisi on the Rustaveli Avenue.
The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi offers majestic views and upscale facilities. The architecture of the
hotel has also polarized opinions within Tbilisi - with residents both in awe of the new structure
and also expressing concern about its towering presence against the traditional landscape of
the city’s architectural envelope. It is a symbol of modern Tbilisi.
• 214 rooms
• 2 restaurants
• 3 bars
• Club Lounge
• Winter Garden
• 8 Meeting Rooms
• 1 Ballroom
• Amphitheatre - The Guild